24 Apr 5 Tips To Create Space In Your Bathroom Renovations
5 Tips To Create Space In Your Bathroom Renovations
If you are renovating your bathroom, you want to design and construct a bathroom that looks spacious and stylish. Here are 5 tips to help you with your bathroom renovation.
- Large Windows – A window that extends across a wall provides natural light and the feeling of space. Depending on the position of your bathroom, you could use clear screening or go with a frosted finish.
- Skylight – if you don’t have the wall space, then a skylight is definitely the way to go. A skylight can also be used to release any steam and let in fresh air. It is relatively a low cost option and easy to install. I also recommend either positioning in the centre or near the shower. It is not a good idea to have it under a mirror as there is contrasting lighting.
- Lighting – Whether it is for a full size bathroom or an ensuite, it is really important to get your lighting right. Using over head lights such as chandelier or pendant light, can make the space look busy. A good option is to use down lights. Not only will it open up space but it will also make it easier to clean.
- Think Storage – we all need space and storage and a really nice look for your bathroom is creating open shelving. You may opt for cupboards that are opened or specifically built storage units.
- Tiling – avoid using pattern tiles or small tiles as it will create a busy looking bathroom. Use large tiles and to break up a monotonous look to add a feature tile section. This can be a row or a small section of the bathroom.