24 Apr 5 Checks Before You Hire A Bathroom Renovator
5 Checks Before You Hire A Bathroom Renovator
Hiring the right Bathroom Renovator can be a challenging task. Going onto Google or other home directories, you really don’t know who to trust. Here are some checks to make it easy for you:
- Check Builders Licence – we have made this number one as the importance cannot be stressed, enough. Check the licence with the Department of Fair Trading for detailed information about the company and licence holder. Also use the Australian Government ABN search. Ensure the licence matches the ABN.
- Look at their work – most good bathroom renovators will have a website that showcases their work and also testimonials. This is a great way to get a feel about the quality of their work.
- Business Reviews – follow testimonials on their website, check out Google reviews or Product review websites. These sites are created so customers can leave feedback on their experience working with the company.
- Quotes – comparing apples with apples is the key. So when you request a quote, ask the same questions and review their responses. Ensure all responses are captured on the quote and have the companies sign off the quote.
- Certification – Always request a copy of the builders certificate of currency. This will allow you to check that the builder/renovator has current insurances in place. When checking the certificate of currency, ensure the following:
- Policy period is current and has not expired.
- Their business name is shown in full
- They have a minimum of $10 million in their public liability insurance.
- The policy number and name of the insurer are clearly shown on the certificate on the insurers letterhead
Follow these tips when hiring a bathroom renovator and reduce the stress around this process.